Sunday, 29 June 2014

The Back Story

Like many people, I am overweight. Today was the tipping point.

I stepped on the scales and realised I've put on around 7 kg in 2 months. Here's the back story.

I do not have a sad story about my childhood, about being the "fat" kid, because I wasn't. I was happy and healthy. My weight gain began sometime after I met my now husband. Initially it was only 5 - 10 kg, by the time we got married I weighed around 92 kg and had put on 30 kg. About a year or so later I first joined Weight Watchers, where I lost 16 kg, I was happy and healthy and I was starting to get my life back. I fell off the rails but rejoined Weight Watchers for the second time, but I didn't even start tracking and gave up, so I managed to gain back that 16 kg plus an extra 4 kg. I joined Weight Watchers for the third time  at the end of last year (2013) and I lost 13 kg, which was good, however I got bored, was sick of counting points and decided to do it on my own. Fast forward 2 months and I've managed to gain back around half of the weight I had lost.

What I have gained from the above story is that Weight Watchers is not for me. I get bored of counting points. Yes it works, and I am sure for some people it is what they need. For me, I need to take charge of my health, be an adult, and be accountable for what I put into my body and the way I treat it.

To start off I need to kick chocolate to the curb! The goal, 30 days chocolate free. Of late I have become addicted to chocolate, the sugar filled dairy milk type. Eventually I want to be able to enjoy dark chocolate once or twice a week. I know that day will come eventually, but for now its baby steps and one day at a time.

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment